Travel to Panama

Part 1: Hiking
After watching the Miraflores canal locks, I left Panama City for Santa Fe. It is a small mountain valley town. I took a horseback riding tour to Alto de Piedras with my guide Cesamo. On this tiny and slow horse, I looked around so green mountains and thanks to him, I had a chance to visit “The house of Orchids”, which has lots of orchids in the garden. Then I headed off to Boquete.

In Boquete, I visited a bakery. Surprisingly, they were playing Korean music! Guess what. The owner is Korean. I planed to hike in Senderos Los Quetzales with one of the girls who worked at the bakery in the following day. But she didn’t show up, instead I was tied with a hiking tour group. They were waiting for their guide, Pete. Our mission was making a hiking path in “Bajo Mono” with our bodies and a machete. We had to climb a long slide by hangning our body in a rope. Small rocks kept rolling down and luckily enough I was able to evade a critical danger from one of the rocks thanks to Frank. We took the same path on our return under rains. Now the slide turned into an unforgiving mudslide. After the adventure, we went to Caldera hot springs. Don’t mention how beautiful the sky was that night!


Mission Impossible 1

Mission Impossible 2

I hiked another day to Senderos Los Quetzales again with Pete, his assistant Beto, Cindy and Denise, who are from Colorado. This well maintained path led a very beautiful cloud forest. How can I describe the crystal-clean green color of leaves after raindrops and the green fresh air? After a short visit to Finca La Suiza, I joined Cindy and Denise in Las Lajas.

Part 2: Las Lajas Beach
One day I ran along the beach for quite long time, but couldn’t see the end. This wide and long beach was usually very quite except right around Christmas days. I learned boogie board surfing from Denise. Here whenever we ask, “when?” the answer is always the same, “later.” Although my back was badly burned within the first hour on the beach, I miss the layback place so much.


Castle

Sunset

View from my room

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sociology of Education in Canada

Bassist Stanley Clarke

Red panda