Megalos

Dear Friends,

Wishing you a year of peace, health and personal fulfillment. I continue to be astounded at the blessings (people) in my life.

This fall I started to work on a film with Muhammad Yunus, the 2006 Nobel Peace prize laureate, an amazing man. Dr. Yunus is the Bangladeshi economist who started using and developing microcredit in the 1970s and has transformed Bangladesh through his work. Perhaps the most powerful thing I’ve learned from being with this inspiring and humble man is this:

One individual CAN indeed change the world.

I now know this in every cell of my being. What an empowering and frightening concept! It puts all the responsibility into OUR own hands. It’s something that should be taught, but everything in our culture conspires to keep us from recognizing and believing this.

If you’re looking for a way to nudge our world to a better place, you could do worse than starting here:
http://storyofstuff.com

Much love,

Bill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sociology of Education in Canada

Bassist Stanley Clarke

Red panda