My dinner table

Three months have passed at McGill. The time was not boring. Even though there were certain difficult moments where my spirit got low, one thing I do not regret is to come back to academia. New ideas and new thought have entered my mind and made my life coherent. EV at her graduation said that they had not come to the Odyssey Project with an empty vessel but with desire to reach higher complexity. What a great insight!

Now, I invite five people in my dinner table. Who's going to be there? First my adviser, no question. But important is to be able to delineate what she could do for my dissertation work and what I should take away before I leave this school. Her ethnic background that allowed her to see a different world is strong and she made her career. I should learn her insightful ideas. Next, one from neoliberal globalization and education. I just got a message about REF series. Carlos Alberto Torres. I want to know more about him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sociology of Education in Canada

A History of Violence

Bassist Stanley Clarke