Informal learning

Teresa wrote whether the informal learning that I took based on my initiative has been a structured experience. By and large, I question myself whether informal learning in her meaning has been just additional to my formal learning if formal learning meant only learning from the classes that I registered for. Last semester I took only two classes and even one of those was Pro-seminar, which is not directly related to my study. The other class was of a seminar type, not a lecture. In the end, I wrote a final paper, which was supposed to be an application of the methodologies we had talked about in class. Using some of the learned methodologies, I was expected to conduct research on a topic. It was rather exciting in a sense, feeling like a scholar on my own way, and was a synergistic combination between formal and informal learning. But, did it become my structured experience?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sociology of Education in Canada

Bassist Stanley Clarke

Red panda