My First Committee Meetings

Feb. 16th. Dr. Ghosh and Dr. Hoechsmann
Feb. 19th. Dr. Ghosh and Dr. Mitchell

When I said, "I am again humbled," Dr. Ghosh responded I should be and even later on. Dr. Ghosh is very professional in a gentle way. Dr. Mitchell is always encouraging and full of energy. I do not know well enough to say about Dr. Hoechsmann, but he seems supportive and modest. In particular, today's meeting was more productive and ideas became clearer. I will remain humbled.

Dr. Ghosh urges me to define the advantage of using video other than other methodologies. I should make a connection to feminism methodology and be able to answer this question thoroughly.

Start from demographic overview based on Statistics in 2006.
Then, scan studies about Korean, then women.
Then, look for newspaper or other sources.

Contact two faculty members.
Contact Korean local community.

In April, based on the survey, write up a proposal (questions and rationals, methodology and research questions, 3-5 pages)

Look for courses offered in Spring or Fall, Feminism and Feminism Methodologies. (Sociology or MCRTW--Contact Mala Sakar or Mary Kate)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sociology of Education in Canada

Bassist Stanley Clarke

Red panda