The watercolor master classes were over last week. It wasn't so easy to get up before 4 am to sit on the zoom meetings, but once they started, I enjoyed them. An early bird was not my life style, but I think I can enjoy it with help of a nice strong coffee with milk. After the classes were over, I began to watch the wildlife course videos that were added to the classes. Yesterday, I painted along a red pander and then painted the same subject by myself. I am happy that it turned out. I am a little more confident now. I can make muddiness for my advantage.
Trio! Stanley Clarke, Bass Béla Fleck, Banjo Jean-Luc Ponty, Violin ...at Chicago Symphony Center A week ago, I told my friend that it was not easy for me to appreciate the bass itself because the tone tends to be very low and never predominant. But today, I need to change what I said. Most of all I haven't seen a more wonderful picture of a man with a bass than tonight. The big instrument always seemed to suspend the player in an awkward position. But Mr. Clarke dominates the instrument and plays with it. The gigantic instrument sometimes becomes a drum with trembling strings or sometimes becomes a guitar which seems to be passed onto a Spanish flamenco music player. All the time he looks much more passionate than any flamenco dancer. I am deeply impressed that one can explode such dynamic sound and rhythm from the bass. Mr. Ponty also presents violin sound which I never heard before. It seems that he doesn't care making beatiful melody and he likes to go beyond the tone withi...
Yesterday I finally arrived in Port Elizabeth, settled in a postgraduate apartment of Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University. This morning the sun rose very early. It was bright. Sky was clear. It was peaceful. I spent the morning reading a book Black and Blue. It is a very interesting critic essay. All the thoughts are connected via images, still or moving. The author meanders one to another image and another thought seamlessly. It is impressive, her vast knowledge and insight. In the afternoon I walked to the shopping mall in Summerstrand Village. On the way I saw a mongoose. It didn't stand but run. It was cute. Then, I continued to walk to the Boardwalk, an entertainment place with a casino, fountains, shops and restaurants. I had a can juice. Since I bought it in a restaurant, it was expensive. I thought it would be squeezed, but in a can. I walked on a pier. It was quite windy. I didn't reach the end. I walked back to the shopping mall to do grocery shopp...
Comments