Panel Discussion-doctoral study journey

This is something I will remember from the panel discussion in Pro Seminar class today.

Turn every moment to an opportunity for my growing along the way. Things come and go but the only thing that stays with me is my thesis. Take a full charge of it through ownership. Thesis is a foundation of my career and further development and Ph.D is a license for conducting independent research. For academic career, try to publish rather than attend conferences. Be specific about career from the beginning and watch out what's available out there. Read widely and take courses even in other departments to build theoretical groundwork--try reverse citation to see how a theory is used in other work--but more important is writing everyday no matter how small, as writing is a process of shaping my knowledge and ideas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sociology of Education in Canada

Bassist Stanley Clarke

Red panda